Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Broccoli Risotto

Today I decided to play with food.  Since this GF thing is going to be around a while, I certainly need to know how to whip up something simple without my cookbook in hand.  This broccoli risotto turned out very tasty and I must say... I'm quite proud of myself!


Ingredients
2 cups arborio rice*
6 cups vegetable stock 
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 onion (finely chopped)
2 cups chopped frozen broccoli (I used a handy-dandy mini chopper which worked great!)
sea salt
fresh ground pepper


Heat oil in large skillet and add chopped onion.  Cook 2 minutes.  Add broccoli and cook an additional 2 minutes.  Add rice and cook 2 minutes.  Slowly stir in stock 1 1/2 cups at a time until all liquid is absorbed.  Repeat until all stock is used.  Season with salt and pepper.


*Make sure that your rice is all natural and NOT enriched.  Enriched rice has been sprayed with a vitamin coating, which could contain gluten. 

1 comment:

  1. This was Deliciouss!!!
    this is shelby so i probably spelled that rong

    ReplyDelete